Photo Essay: Shadow Play at Hong Kong’s Space Museum

It’s been five years since our last visit to Hong Kong. I don’t know where the time went. It’s almost unbelievable that so much time has passed since our last foray across the pond. It took a visit from John’s mother and son to provide the inspiration to return to Hong Kong, and honestly, I don’t know why we left it so long! Although I was only able to join them over the weekend, we managed to pack quite a bit into 48 hours.

Our first evening there, we headed down to the Avenue of the Stars to take in the Symphony of Lights display. Personally, I think the show was much better five years ago. The city seems to have toned down the display, but at least they’re saving on energy, so I’m not going to complain too much. Luckily, the Space Museum was all glowy and new age with its changing colored lights display. The lights were a perfect backdrop for an impromptu photo session, so I had father and son pose in series of photos to catch the changing lights and some special father and son moments.

Here are some of my favorites from that night, with my favorite image from the night starting out the series.

Father and Son Silhouette

Shadow Play-2258

Shadow Play-2259

Shadow Play-2261

Shadow Play-2271

READ:  Scintillating Hong Kong Island

11 thoughts on “Photo Essay: Shadow Play at Hong Kong’s Space Museum

Steve

(August 2, 2011 - 12:39 am)

Nicely done. This is an excellent place to shoot. Between the changing lights and the water you get grab some spectacular images.

Lief

(August 7, 2011 - 1:47 pm)

Nice photos Carrie!

K.

(September 22, 2011 - 7:42 pm)

It’s incredible game of light and shadow. Great work Carrie. 🙂

(October 6, 2011 - 8:18 am)

Thanks K! How have you been? It’s been ages since we’ve chatted. I hope you’re well and still snapping away.

K.

(October 20, 2011 - 12:14 am)

Thanks, I’m fine. There are some turbulences in my life but generally it’s ok. I’ll write to you one day and tell you some more. Yes, I still photograph and publish photos on my wordpress blog. There is a website adress in my g+ and facebook profiles.
        p.s. I saw your photos from your European tour. You had a really great vacation. 🙂

Medhotelgroup

(September 26, 2011 - 8:26 am)

Nicely captured photos. I have been invited several times by a lot of my friends in Space Museum, yet i always decline. Well, with all of these I can see from the place, I would definitely come with them next time. Thanks Carrie.

(October 6, 2011 - 8:17 am)

Thank you! I’m glad that I’ve renewed interest for you.

Ray

(September 29, 2011 - 1:30 am)

Love the photos you got there. It speaks of happiness and color of life. Plus the fact that it was taken with the subjects in two generation. I also loved the first photo. It speaks a lot of words to me. Keep posting great images. ^ ^

Pa Ul

(June 12, 2013 - 11:30 am)

Good for you and your family you visited Hong Kong again after so many years. Yup, things changes so fast. I did not appreciate the Symphony of Lights that night when we were in Avenue of Stars but I liked Disney, Space Museum, Victoria Peak, Victoria Harbor and especially the Modern Museum of Hong Kong. Someday, I guess, I will return here to see uncharted places that I must visit too.

(June 17, 2013 - 5:58 am)

Hi Pa,

Thanks for your comment. Why didn’t you like the Symphony of Lights show? I admit, it’s not as good as it was five years ago, but it’s still a nice thing to do in the evening. Plus, you can’t beat free! 🙂