The Taiwan Book Festival is being held this Saturday and Sunday at Huashan Culture Park from the hours of 1pm-6pm.
I am giving a presentation on How to Setup a Successful Blog/Website and Monetize It at 1pm on Saturday at Table C.
This is a great opportunity to find your favorite English titles and meet your favorite authors. The Taiwan Book Fest is also launching the Taiwan Book Exchange. A combination of both an online and physical community based on the free exchange of books, members will be able to discuss books online and arrange to meet other members and exchange books. Book exchanges will be moderated to ensure fair play.
Alleycats will also be offering a secondhand book service with more details to follow soon.
Where and When? Sat & Sun 23-24 April, 1 pm, at Alleycat’s Pizza Restaurant in the Huashan Culture Park (a few minutes’ walk from Zhongxiao Xinsheng MRT station). See the website for a map.
What? The Book Fest is a celebration of English-language fiction and non-fiction, with a focus on books about Taiwan. Authors will be giving presentations, and leading group discussions. There will be abook exchange, and sales of both new and second-hand books.
Over ten authors including:
- Steven Crook, author of Keeping Up With The War God and Taiwan: The Bradt Travel Guide
- Gits Ferrari, author of Not SARS, Just Sex and The Oil Sands of Alberta
- Syd Goldsmith, author of Jade Phoenix
- Jerome F. Keating, author of Taiwan: The Search for Identity and Mapping Taiwan
- Richard Saunders, author of Taipei Day Trips I and II and Yangming Shan: The Guide
- Rolf-Peter Wille, author of Formosa in Fiction
How much? It’s free! There’s no entry fee, and no need to register.