Taipei Restaurants: Toasteria

Grillled panini sandwich at Toasteria

Restaurant Review

Taipei Restaurant: Toasteria

Take a plain grilled cheese sandwich, add some pesto, sun-roasted tomatoes, and some grilled mushrooms and you’ve got a modern twist on a classic grilled cheese sandwich.

Toasteria has turned grilled Panini sandwiches into an art form, and with over twenty styles of sandwiches to choose from, we promise you’ll find at least one grilled creation on the menu to call your own.

The tiny open-air sandwich café is snuggled in between Alleycat’s Pizza and Sante in Zhongxiao Dunhua’s district. On any given day, you’ll find their front patio packed with sandwich lovers.

If you’re not into sandwiches, I highly recommend the fish and chips.

Weight-watchers beware. Toasteria uses only the best ingredients and there are no substitutes. You won’t find any diet beverages or low-fat choices on the menu here.

Meals range from NT$140-NT $250.

(02) 2731-8004
#2, Lane 248, ZhongXiao E Rd, Sec 4

If you liked this installment of Wanderfood Wednesdays, be sure to visit some of the other world food and travel blogs that participate in this weekly meme. Don’t forget to stop by next week for another delicious write-up!

8 thoughts on “Taipei Restaurants: Toasteria

Stephanie (Food Freeway)

(June 30, 2010 - 1:14 pm)

That looks delicious!! There are few things better than a good sandwich 🙂 What’s in the bowl next to it?
    .-= Stephanie (Food Freeway)´s last blog ..Recipe of the Week- Salvadoran Curtido =-.

aldam23

(July 2, 2010 - 8:10 am)

hi there. any other recommended food/restaurant in taipei? i’m set to visit the city in the coming weeks.
    .-= aldam23´s last blog ..Paete Town Fiesta =-.

Wanderluster

(July 4, 2010 - 11:31 pm)

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm. Worth the trip to Taipei, I bet!
    .-= Wanderluster´s last blog ..Seattle in July OR Why I’d Rather Be in Hawaii =-.

Kim

(July 5, 2010 - 12:35 pm)

Ha, the weight watchers comment made me smile. A croque monsieur (grilled cheese & ham sandwich) is one of my favourite snacks & a standard on any lunch menu here. So I was shocked to find out how many weight watchers “points” it has, I always thought of it as a “light lunch” option… was I wrong :). Still it is absolutely heaven when done well, I’m sure I couldn’t resist one of the specimens at toasteria.

Ralph

(July 20, 2010 - 2:26 pm)

Yummmm!!!! Now this is mouthwatering, i am (jokingly) thinking that Taiwan only offered dimsum! 🙂

Your blog is great, you might like to come and party with us at the World Wide Travel Blog Party, don’t forget to invite more of your blogger friends along. Definitely the more the merrier! See you there and Kudos to you! 🙂

Axe

(November 24, 2010 - 2:54 am)

tbh Toasteria is crappy, generally there’s nothing in the panini (unlike the picture) making it over priced 2 pieces of bread…

there’s much better food about taipei and I would never recommend this place to anyone. (nor will i ever go back there).

Travelgrrl

(July 16, 2011 - 9:53 am)

Toasteria is awesome!! Best panini I’ve ever had. The little bowl on the side is marinated olives and pickles. MAJOR garlic flavor and fantastic for garlic lovers. I’ve been twice so far. First time, had the Cuban — delish!! Second time the BBQ chicken. I don’t know why “Axe” would say there is nothing in the sandwich. It is cock full of deliciousness. Lots of pork and chicken in both sandwiches I had there. PLUS!!! They have certain specials during the week. I believe Wednesdays is free fries day. If you spend over 200, you get free fries. Basically, all you have to do is order a sandwich and a drink and you hit the 200 mark so it’s a great deal. Service was great, iTunes music was superb. Great vibe there! There fries are also totally awesome.

Josh

(November 3, 2013 - 6:40 pm)

Thanks for the good review. I don’t know why Axe would be so hateful – and it’s simply not true that the sandwiches are not big. I went and it was awesome. We got so full! 🙂 Cute spot and nice just sitting on the street. I also enjoyed the tunes and the service. I have been many times now – the Cubano is my favorite as is the Fish and Chips. My friends had Chicken Parmesan and the Smoked Salmon Salad – both were delicious. The wine cocktails were sooo good too!

PS the sweet paninis were good to share for dessert.