Photo Moment: Night Market Food Vendor

Food Cart

This is one of the vendors in our local night market in Banciao, New Taipei.

READ:  Event: A New Year's Eve Celebration in Taipei

I'm a chronically ill Canadian who has been living in Asia since 2003. I moved from China to Taiwan in 2006. I'm an experienced businesswoman and have worked in many leadership positions in Asia. In addition to my own work, I've been writing professionally about Asia, travel and health advocacy since 2007, providing regular content to publishing companies and travel publications in Asia and North America. I started writing about my health journey in 2009 after being diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis. In 2014, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS, which came with other massive health issues. These diagnoses were the start of my journey as a health advocate and patient leader. Since then, My Several Worlds has been recognized worldwide as a top site for AS, fibromyalgia, and chronic illness by WEGO Health and Healthline.

8 thoughts on “Photo Moment: Night Market Food Vendor

Michael

(February 20, 2010 - 11:57 am)

Nice one C… you’re really getting these night exposures dialed in.
    .-= Michael ´s last blog ..Photo of The Day – Sign of the Times =-.

(March 7, 2010 - 10:40 am)

Thanks Michael. I was out with Craig that night, so I’m going to give the credit to him.

Sam

(February 20, 2010 - 1:56 pm)

Very nice Carrie. Is that a noodle vendor?

(March 7, 2010 - 10:44 am)

Hi Sam,

Nope. This vendor sells boiled and fried veggies, tofu, and an assortment of meat. It’s one of my favorites!

Great photo – did you try anything? Looks like lots of tasty options 🙂
    .-= Andy Hayes | Sharing Travel Experiences´s last blog ..Finding Serendipity on the Road =-.

(March 7, 2010 - 10:45 am)

Hi Andy,
      Of course! I love eating in Taiwan. The street food is really good and it’s quite cheap.

My Kafkaesque Life

(March 8, 2010 - 3:20 pm)

These vendors are nearly everywhere, aren’t they? 🙂 How do you like the smell of stinky tofu? I’m ok with it, but sometimes it does surprise me, hehe 🙂
    .-= My Kafkaesque Life´s last blog ..A Taipei tale over coffee =-.

(March 18, 2010 - 1:56 pm)

Yeah. They’re pretty much everywhere. I’m one of a few who like stinky tofu. I prefer barbecue to fried though. Not a fan?