August ’09 Link Love

Photo by iFatma on Flickr
Photo by iFatma on Flickr

August backlink loving and a few of my favorite blogs this month:

Stevo over at Asian Ramblings has been a true rambling man this summer. He quit his job, traveled all over China, entertained us with his wild stories and incredible photography, started a new job and still found time to mention both my websites – I’m talking about Taiwan Photographers, in case you’ve been in hibernation mode this summer like my mom and dad)

If you haven’t been following Ron Dubin – start now. An inspiring travel and editorial photographer, Ron has been making the rounds in the Taiwan blogosphere this summer. Thanks for the mention in your Weekly Buzz, Ron.

Mike Barltrop, author of One Year Trip and I have been exchanging emails this summer. Mike has been on the road since 2006 and has written some really interesting travel posts lately, including a terrific post on graffiti in Toronto (my old stomping grounds). Thanks for the shout-out, Mike.

Todd at The Daily Bubble Tea is doing a great job with weekly links in Taiwan.  BTW – incredible imagery here.

Check out my expat interview with John Bardos at Jet Set Citizen.

My Taiwan Living Guide and teaching interview is live on You Can Teach English.com

Asian Poses – I had to mention it because it’s great for a laugh. Author Steve writes, “Asians are notorious for their quirky and cute poses and this site focuses on documenting these poses. To help you recognize various poses, visual aids will be provided courtesy of popular Korean, Japanese, and Chinese models.” Brillian

READ:  Guest Author Joshua Samuel Brown: Please Leave Now

Now, on to my travel links…

Christine Gilbert over at Almost Fearless has had an incredible summer of travel and writing. A stop by her site is always worthwhile. I usually stop by for a quick look around and end up getting sucked in by her thought-provoking posts.

Woo-hoo! Nora Dunn, the Professional Hobo, appeared on CTV’s Canada AM on August 13th to promote the book she co-authored, 10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget. Way to go, Nora!

Jenn at Folie a Deux combines her stunning images with poetic writing. I particularly enjoyed this month’s post on Little Tibet in Big Toronto.

Travel Experta, Marina runs a tour company in Costa Rica. Find out all you need to know about traveling in Central America.

svtbraxg8f

14 thoughts on “August ’09 Link Love

Ron in L.A.

(August 22, 2009 - 12:51 pm)

Thanks for for the kind words and including me Carrie 😉

R(etc… )

(August 23, 2009 - 4:14 am)

My pleasure, Ron. I love seeing your photos pop up on Facebook every day. They make me smile!

Jack - eyeflare travel

(August 22, 2009 - 2:39 pm)

Hi Carrie. I’ll second Ron Dubin’s photography, very inspirational and it seems he’s been everywhere by now!

(August 23, 2009 - 4:14 am)

Jack,

Ron hasn’t been to Taiwan yet. We’re still hoping he’ll make a visit some day soon! But yeah, he is definitely a traveling man!

Nora Dunn

(August 22, 2009 - 9:45 pm)

Thanks Carrie for the mention! I’ll actually be appearing all next week too (Aug 24th-29th), doing a 5-part series! Keep an eye on my Web Site for more details!

(August 23, 2009 - 4:16 am)

My pleasure Nora. I wasn’t the slightest bit surprised to watch your video the other day. You’re full of passion for life and spunk – exactly as I expected. Congratulations. You deserve it! 🙂

Stevo

(August 23, 2009 - 12:57 am)

Carrie: Thanks much for the link love. You have some awesome links here. Today will be busy visiting them all.

(August 23, 2009 - 4:16 am)

My pleasure Stevo.

John Bardos - JetSetCitizen

(August 23, 2009 - 3:48 am)

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for doing the interviews on my sites! It was great to hear about your experiences.

(August 23, 2009 - 4:17 am)

My pleasure John. It was terrific chatting with you. Do remember us if you’re headed our way!

jessiev

(August 24, 2009 - 1:25 am)

carrie – excellent links! i am very impressed with your site – i’ll email you abt featuring your ESL work on our site!

(August 31, 2009 - 9:44 am)

Thanks very much Jessie. I’m looking forward to working with you on Wandering Educators.

Daniel

(September 15, 2009 - 4:02 pm)

Hi Carrie! Thanks for turning me on to Mike Barltrop’s site — I hadn’t come accross it before. It’s in my feed reader now! Cheers.
    .-= Daniel´s last blog ..Round the world in 29 days? No thanks! =-.

(September 21, 2009 - 1:46 am)

Hi Daniel,

Ah, thank you. Mike has been on the travel circuit for a while, and I just recently stumbled on his site a few months ago. He’s a great guy and I really enjoy his travel stories. I’m glad you were able to connect with him.