Guest Photographer: Nivin Kadar

This month’s guest photographer is Nivin Kadar.  I met Nivin several months ago when he first dropped by My Several Worlds. Since then, we’ve become friends. His photography site My Winks on Life in Light Reflections has become one of my favorites.

Nivin claims that he is not a man of words and prefers to let his photos, or ‘winks’ as he calls them, speak for themselves. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you drop by his site. He’s got an incredible collection and range of photographic works.

Photo by Nivin Kadar
Photo by Nivin Kadar - The Saudi Hawks
Photo by Nivin Kadar
Photo by Nivin Kadar - Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi, UAE

Nivin currently lives in the United Arab Emirates, however he has also done a fair amount of traveling. Nivin lived, worked, and studied in the UK for several years before returning to the UAE to spend time with his parents. Nivin is passionate artist. When he isn’t out snapping moments of time for the rest of us to enjoy, he is usually sketching or designing website logos.

Photo by Nivin Kadar
Photo by Nivin Kadar

Nivin has always found inspiration for his photographic works from National Geographic. In particular, he remembers watching their wildlife documentaries when he was a child, and he feels that this has helped to make him into the photographer that he is today. Nivin doesn’t have any favorite photographers. He learns and is inspired by every photographer in some way. If he had to name one photographer in particular, it would be Dabboo Ratnani for his portrait photography.

Photo by Nivin Kadar
Photo by Nivin Kadar - Kite Surfer from the Al-Gharbia Sports Festival, UAE

Nivin’s first camera was a Yashica GTN Electro 35 SLR, which belonged to his father. Today, he shoots with a Nikon D90. He enjoys all kinds of photography, but expresses a special interest in sports photography, macrophotography and nature photography.

READ:  Red and Gold New Year in Taiwan
Photo by Nivin Kadar
Photo by Nivin Kadar

Nivin’s words of advice for beginner photographers are simple: Believe in your instincts, keep shooting and experimenting no matter what equipment you use.

Photo by Nivin Kadar
Photo by Nivin Kadar
Photo by Nivin Kadar
Photo by Nivin Kadar - Red Bull Air Show, UAE

17 thoughts on “Guest Photographer: Nivin Kadar

Joanna

(June 5, 2009 - 4:55 am)

These are very cool photographs. The flowers and cats eyes are sublime. Very cool Nivin!

Steve

(June 5, 2009 - 10:53 am)

Great photographs and artist, Carrie. Thanks for the intro. I’ll check more of his work.

(June 7, 2009 - 3:24 am)

Thanks everyone. Don’t forget to drop by Nivin’s site and say hello!

Craig Ferguson

(June 6, 2009 - 5:17 am)

Very cool.

Graham

(June 6, 2009 - 5:30 am)

A great series of photos. The mosque looks magnificent in that light. Now, if only WordPress wasn’t blocked I could go check out more of his work. Rats!

Kaaaahhn! Er, I mean, Great Firewaaaaalll!

::shaking my fist violently in the air::

(June 7, 2009 - 3:25 am)

Aw, Graham. That totally sucks. I know Michael (Expatriate Games) is also having major issues. He can’t get access to anything at the moment. 🙁

krzysztof

(June 9, 2009 - 11:18 pm)

All these photos are great. I like cat’s eyes the most. This picture is very magnetic.

(June 10, 2009 - 1:26 am)

Hi K,

I couldn’t pick a favorite. I love all Nivin’s images. Magnetic is the perfect word to describe those eyes, though!

krzysztof

(June 10, 2009 - 10:52 am)

Yes, that’s true. All Nivin’s images are worth of attention. However in my case macrophotography draws my attention more than anything.

(June 12, 2009 - 9:44 am)

Hi K,

Yes, from the looks of your Flickr photostream, I can see that you are developing a talent for macro work. I love your feather series. It’s amazing how you made each one look so different.

marcus

(June 11, 2009 - 2:24 am)

if you are blocked for any reason, the solution to this problem is http://www.hotspotshield.com. i used it in china for 8 months and sometimes in Taiwan when I want to watch a TV show that they won’t play outside of the US

(June 12, 2009 - 9:46 am)

Hey Marcus,
      I wish I’d known you while I was in China! Actually, I wasn’t all that technologically inclined when I lived in China. I became an addict after moving to Taiwan. In any case, it’s a great suggestion and I hope it works out for Michael and Stevo.

krzysztof

(June 20, 2009 - 3:23 pm)

Well, there is only one key to achievie success. The key is a patience :))))))
    I laugh at it because it’s really hard to take a good picture without any stabilizer in a camera. Fortunately I’m changing my camera in July and I hope to show some effects soon.
    Ha. Feather series was made in hard conditions. It’s good but now I think I could do it better.

(June 23, 2009 - 3:10 pm)

K,
      Have you tried using a mini-tripod? I have a little one that fits in my backpack. What kind of camera are you thinking about getting?

krzysztof

(June 28, 2009 - 11:33 pm)

When I bought a tripod it had already been after session with feather. Now I use the tripod very rarely. I usually use it when I take night shots or panoramic pictures. When I take pictures of flowers or animals I prefer to hold my camera in hands. It’s difficult to use the tripod when your object is moved by the wind or just runaway from you. I have to come very close if I want to take a good macro.
    Canon PowerShot A-95 was a good start for me. Now I’m going to buy a reflex camera. I intended to buy Canon EOS 450D but I changed plans. Now I’m going to buy the newest model from EOS family – 500D.

(June 30, 2009 - 1:45 am)

Hi K,
      Oooh, I’m jealous! I hope you’re able to buy it soon!

Nivin Kadar

(July 23, 2009 - 8:55 am)

Thanks Carrie, for inviting me to be a guest photographer and for adding me to your site! Thank you all for your kind words! Hope you all enjoyed my photographs.