Singapore – Here We Come!

Flickr photo by: Christopher Chan
Flickr photo by: Christopher Chan

Hey folks! We are off to Singapore for some R&R. John and I are looking at this trip as a mini-honeymoon as we didn’t get much time together when we were home for the wedding.

Speaking of weddings, we will be meeting up with our friends, David and Catherine, who are getting married later this week in Singapore. Congratulations to you both!

First stop, Singapore Airlines and flight assistance after an ordeal with a new diagnosis in January that has left me bedridden for several months. We waited four months for me to be well enough and to let the medications start working for my diagnosis with Ankylosing Spondylitis.

I will be using flight assistance and a cane for this journey as I’m still not walking well or able to walk for long periods of time.

A trip wouldn’t be a trip without at least one blogger meet-up. We’re hooking up with Nellie Huang, author of Wild Junket tomorrow evening for dinner and a stroll. If you haven’t read Nellie’s blog, and you’d like to get a taste for what we’re in for, be sure to check it out.  Not only is Nellie a terrific writer, but she also has some really great posts about food, romantic getaways, and sites not to be missed. I don’t think we could ask for a better guide!

John and I are already aware that we are going to be hard-pressed to fit in everything we want to see and do. However, our trip highlights will include a Singapore Sling at the luxurious Raffles hotel, a stroll around the Marina and Esplanade, Little India, the racetracks and the zoo.

READ:  Unearthing Asia Issue 3 is HERE!

We’re staying at the Fairmont –  a stone’s throw from the New Asia Bar, which is supposed to be the best place to view the skyline. And of course, we’re ready to go crazy over the food.

I'm a chronically ill Canadian who has been living in Asia since 2003. I moved from China to Taiwan in 2006. I'm an experienced businesswoman and have worked in many leadership positions. My husband and I have owned our own business in Taiwan since 2012. In addition to my own work, I've been writing professionally about Asia, travel and health advocacy since 2007, providing regular content to several publishing companies and travel publications in Asia and North America. I started writing about my health journey in 2009 after being diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis. In 2014, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS, which came with other massive health issues. These diagnoses were the start of my journey as a health advocate and patient leader. Since then, My Several Worlds has been recognized worldwide as a top site for chronic illness by WEGO Health and Healthline. Twitter @globetrotteri Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/carriekellenberger/. I also have a dedicated page for My Several Worlds at https://www.instagram.com/myseveralworlds/. Each IG feed features different content.

17 thoughts on “Singapore – Here We Come!

Nomadic Matt

(May 27, 2009 - 3:32 pm)

wish i could meet u there but cant. look forward to photos. the zoo was great! and so is little india. find the place where u eat with ur hands!!!!

tell nellie i say

(June 3, 2009 - 1:31 pm)

Heya Matt,
      I wish we could have seen you, too. We had a great time with Nellie. We never did find the place where you eat with your hands. Any idea where it is?

WildJunket

(May 27, 2009 - 3:52 pm)

hey! Aww I’m excited too! Thnx for the praises, and I sure will be your best guide in Singapore 😉 Looking forward to meeting you guys.

(June 3, 2009 - 1:31 pm)

We had a terrific time with you in Singapore, Nellie. Best of luck on your upcoming travels!

Lilliy

(May 27, 2009 - 10:07 pm)

Have a great trip! Looking forward to hear about the meet up and see your photos. I dream of Singapore. I am a fan of Wild Junket blog. Her posts are very enjoyable. She gives a lot of tips that are great.

(June 3, 2009 - 1:42 pm)

Hi Lilliy,

Thanks for the warm wishes. We had a great trip, and Nellie is just as wonderful as her blog suggests. (Like we expected anything less! ;-P)

Fili An

(May 27, 2009 - 11:17 pm)

Singapore’s terrific. I’m sure you’ll have a great time. Enjoy.

roentarre

(May 28, 2009 - 2:35 am)

Hope that you are having a great time to recover from the recent hiccup.

Sure this is a great city to visit. Very clean for sure.

Stevo

(May 28, 2009 - 2:44 am)

Have a good trip / honeymoon, Carrie. It sounds fab.

Erica

(May 29, 2009 - 8:04 pm)

I hope you’re enjoying your trip!

(June 3, 2009 - 1:58 pm)

Hi Erica,
      We did. It was short, but we packed a lot into it. I’ve come home to a pile of deadlines and assignments, though. Boo! 🙁

Alan Limebeer

(June 3, 2009 - 12:37 pm)

Hey Care-bear! Still got that update coming up on my to-do list, but when I saw you were stopping at the Raffles on your Singapore trip I wanted to remind you to check out James A. Micheners typewriter. Something a burgeoning author might like to see! Have fun!

(June 3, 2009 - 2:07 pm)

Hi Al,

Aw…man. Too late. We were just gone for five days. I didn’t even know it was there! Thanks for stopping by anyways. I’m still waiting for my update, but I know that if I haven’t received anything yet, it’s because you’re living life to the fullest and having fun. MAWH!

Yu-Fen

(June 6, 2009 - 3:43 pm)

Wow! I totally missed the updates. But now you’re back and I enjoy seeing so many really beautiful images!! Your trip looked great!! That photo with you and Neillie together on Flickr shine even more than those golden river and city images!

(June 7, 2009 - 3:28 am)

That’s OK. Singapore was great and you get a sneak preview on Flickr. I haven’t had much time to post on the blog this week. Thanks for stopping by dear friend!

winnymarch

(December 27, 2012 - 7:41 am)

dear carrie…
    im so jealous in good way wth ur journey, its so much amazing adn i wish u would like viist my blog too,,, u’r such a great blogger..
    and i’l be very happy if u follow me lol..
    greetings from indonesia