Our Wedding Day: Beach Photo Shoot

The Mr. and Mrs.
The Mr. and Mrs.

I promise, this is the last photo essay of our wedding photos. These were taken right after the ceremony in the light of the fading sun.

John and I were a little disappointed that we didn’t get more beach photos. Out of 350 photographs, we only had about 25 taken on the beach, and these were the best of those 25. Personally, I don’t think the photographer did a really great job, considering what we paid him. Some of these photos are a bit over-exposed and the shots he took indoors were terrible. He didn’t bother to use a tripod, so the photos of me throwing my bouquet, our first dance and our dances with our parents were out-of-focus. Ah, well. At least we have a few good ones, and the rest will remain memories in our hearts forever.

This one is my favorite out of the bunch.
Beach Photo Shoot

Beach Photo Shoot

Beach Photo Shoot

Carrie and John in Mexico

Beach Photo Shoot

Beach Photo Shoot

Beach Photo Shoot

READ:  A Dream Dress

I'm a chronically ill Canadian who has been living in Asia since 2003. I moved from China to Taiwan in 2006. I'm an experienced businesswoman and have worked in many leadership positions in Asia. In addition to my own work, I've been writing professionally about Asia, travel and health advocacy since 2007, providing regular content to publishing companies and travel publications in Asia and North America. I started writing about my health journey in 2009 after being diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis. In 2014, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS, which came with other massive health issues. These diagnoses were the start of my journey as a health advocate and patient leader. Since then, My Several Worlds has been recognized worldwide as a top site for AS, fibromyalgia, and chronic illness by WEGO Health and Healthline.

14 thoughts on “Our Wedding Day: Beach Photo Shoot

Stevo

(February 21, 2009 - 5:30 am)

Very nice, Carrie. You make a lovely couple. Looks like you had a lot of fun during the shoot.

Stevo’s last blog post..How to buy Duty-Free Bushmills Irish Whiskey

Krzysztof

(February 21, 2009 - 7:10 am)

I think you look at your pictures more critically than other people. However I understand you can be disappointed in quality and quantity of these photos. But in my opinion these are glamorous.
    This is love. 🙂

roentarre

(February 21, 2009 - 7:27 am)

Your photography is very good. The lighting and the sentiment are well controlled here.

A very carefully chosen time of the day for this type of wedding photography. It is a lot of effort to make both of them too appear relaxing and happy to do all the shots here

Fili An

(February 22, 2009 - 9:17 pm)

Looking great ^_^ You guys make such a beautiful couple.

(February 23, 2009 - 1:20 am)

Thanks, Fili. It all feels like a dream now.

kim

(February 23, 2009 - 11:26 am)

I love these. I already mentioned I loved the colour of your bouquet, and here it looks wonderful against the sea and sky. And you both look so happy! (Imagine me sitting with a cheesy grin behind my desk now)

(February 24, 2009 - 3:40 am)

Kim,
      Ha! That cheesy grin came to mind perfectly.

Nik

(February 23, 2009 - 5:46 pm)

=) Hello there lovely couple!

Great shots, thanks for sharing! I can see why my girlfriend really wanted a beach-wedding.. The beach over here however, aren’t that picturesque, we’ll have to figure that out somehow!

Congrats once again!

Nik’s last blog post..Eat, Shop and Party at Clarke Quay

(February 24, 2009 - 3:41 am)

Hi Nik,
      I’m sure your girlfriend will have a say over what beach she wants to get married at. In the meantime, that gives you food for thought with Unearthing Asia!

Greg Klump

(February 26, 2009 - 1:38 am)

Gorgeous pics, C. Save for the location, you had the wedding that D & I wanted but didn’t (would have had to elope). Much love & big wishes for much happiness to u both.
    – G
    ps: surprise — I found & visited your blog!

Cha

(March 13, 2009 - 4:43 am)

Hello! Nice blog! love all the shots in the beach.. Congrats! =)

Nivin

(March 23, 2009 - 8:41 am)

Congrats! Lovely snaps.

Steffi

(July 7, 2009 - 9:38 am)

Actually, these photos are wonderful. . . . I’m a pro photographer and they should be a bit over-exposed as it makes them softer and more romantic. . . . under-exposing beach type images with sun could lead to harsh shadows. I think your photographer did an amazing job!!!! I would love to see the others. Action shots are supposed to be a bit blurry. Who wants an image of a bouquet and all the girls completely frozen perfect in time? Boring. Unrealistic. I actually slow my shutter down for action shots specifically to get the blur of the “party pic” look. It’s real art.

Lillian

(February 10, 2010 - 9:52 am)

Nice photos Carrie! 😀