Photo Moment: Connecting

Making Connections
Making Connections
“I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff. ”
– Jon Katz
READ:  Love Valley or Hartsville? Valentine's Day Holiday Ideas

11 thoughts on “Photo Moment: Connecting

Mia

(February 20, 2009 - 5:02 pm)

I love this shot. The colors and the angles are what makes it.

Mia’s last blog post..Actually Knitting Eye Candy

(February 21, 2009 - 7:22 am)

Hi Mia,
      Thank you! I really like this photo, too. I met up with some students over the holiday and they took me to this street in Ximending that has the most amazing graffiti. We really had a great time.

Erica

(February 22, 2009 - 8:23 pm)

This is such a great quote. In my opinion, not being too busy and never taking friends for granted are the two biggest things to think about when it comes to friendship. I think friends are as important as family.

Erica’s last blog post..Why London?

(February 23, 2009 - 1:25 am)

Thanks Erica. These are my thoughts exactly. Sometimes we get so caught up in our everyday lives, it’s easy to neglect that people that we are close to. Nevertheless, I’ve always found that my true friends don’t tend to mind how often we get together. What matters is that we stay connected. Even though I don’t see my girlfriends as much as I’d like, we send silly notes and emails on a regular basis.

michelle G

(February 22, 2009 - 9:06 pm)

amazing shot

Expatriate Games

(February 23, 2009 - 9:01 am)

Good stuff Carrie, both the Katz quote and the photograph. It’s made me think about giving more of myself to my friends. I know for me I have to fight to find the time. Fore me I know I need to “make” the time rather than depend on “finding” it.

Expatriate Games’s last blog post..Reality Creeping In

(February 24, 2009 - 3:38 am)

Thanks, Michael. I feel the same way. I would love to spend more time with my friends, but I’m always fighting to find extra time for myself. At least I draw some small comfort in the fact that my friends are feeling the same way. That’s why it’s even more special when we do get together.

Stevo

(February 24, 2009 - 8:56 pm)

Great angles and color, Carrie. I think friends are sometimes more important than family. Both get taken for granted. I should work on that.

Stevo’s last blog post..Another term begins

(March 2, 2009 - 1:33 am)

Thanks Steve. I think there’s a distinction between family and friends when you live abroad. Nothing beats family, but when you’re an expat, it’s often your friends who are stepping into that role.

Nivin

(March 26, 2009 - 5:05 am)

Well said Carrie. Friends are for life, just like family. I think the quote of Jon katz makes the photograph more sensible and beautiful. they really compliments eachother! creativity is always appreciated. Good Luck!

(March 28, 2009 - 6:01 am)

Hi Nivin,
      Thanks for all your compliments. Since you’ve become a fan, I’d love to know a little about you. Your site is a photography site. Where do you draw your inspiration from?