Photo Moment: Up, Up and Away!

Danshui Bridge

Up, up and away.  Intense blue skies and a romantic stroll along Lover’s Bridge at Danshui’s Fisherman’s Wharf in Taiwan.

READ:  The Best Restaurants in Taipei - Our Favorites!

I'm a chronically ill Canadian who has been living in Asia since 2003. I moved from China to Taiwan in 2006. I'm an experienced businesswoman and have worked in many leadership positions in Asia. In addition to my own work, I've been writing professionally about Asia, travel and health advocacy since 2007, providing regular content to publishing companies and travel publications in Asia and North America. I started writing about my health journey in 2009 after being diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis. In 2014, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS, which came with other massive health issues. These diagnoses were the start of my journey as a health advocate and patient leader. Since then, My Several Worlds has been recognized worldwide as a top site for AS, fibromyalgia, and chronic illness by WEGO Health and Healthline.

10 thoughts on “Photo Moment: Up, Up and Away!

Jim Stanger

(January 23, 2009 - 5:51 am)

Ai, it looks like you’re about to get squished by the giant!

Todd

(January 23, 2009 - 10:08 am)

Great view!

Itinerant Geoff

(January 23, 2009 - 10:14 am)

Beautiful photo, you’ve caught the bridge from a great angle there. Oh how I miss blue skies right now, London is so grey and miserable in January!

(January 25, 2009 - 5:24 am)

Jim,

That’s a regular occurence in this household. My husband is 6’9. Big things don’t scare me so much anymore! 🙂

(January 25, 2009 - 5:26 am)

Thanks Todd. Your photography is awesome as usual. I love your treehouse series.

(January 25, 2009 - 5:28 am)

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for stopping by. I believe you’re a new reader, aren’t you? Blue skies are hit and miss this time of year in Taiwan. Right now, it’s pretty grey and miserable, so you’re not missing much!

Krzysztof

(January 28, 2009 - 10:11 am)

When you look at the sky and see the clouds which flows across the sky you can get impression that the bridge is in motion too. It’s a great picture Carrie 🙂

(January 28, 2009 - 2:47 pm)

Thanks K! I don’t think I could have worded it better myself. You’re becoming quite the poet!

Peder

(March 24, 2009 - 3:08 pm)

What up C, just wanted to give you one more comment thread to have to respond to … that image gave me some reverse vertigo. Glad the skies clear up from time to time.

伯利茲的問候!

(March 25, 2009 - 12:49 pm)

Heya Peder,
      Every once in awhile we get a nice day or two. I’m enjoying the weather at the moment. Give it a few weeks and we’re going to be doing a slow boil. Judging from your pictures of Belize, I gather weather has not been an issue for you. 🙂