Photo Moment: James Bond Island, Phang Nga Bay, Thailand

James Bond Island

Phang Nga Bay, Thailand. Tourists will recognize this as James Bond Island, but locals know it as Ko Ping Kan. You guessed it. This is the island where Roger Moore and Christopher Lee filmed “The Man With The Golden Gun.”

For more information, please visit Travel Thailand: James Bond Island in Phang Nga Bay.

READ:  Thailand Photo Journal: The Grand Palace of the King

7 thoughts on “Photo Moment: James Bond Island, Phang Nga Bay, Thailand

B. Ray

(May 31, 2008 - 3:30 pm)

We (me & my family) spent the whole day getting to this island and were very disappointed when we did. The journey there is better than the destination itself. A very small beach area lined with tourist shacks selling very tacky gear. Best avoided if this is the only reason you are going to the Island. On a more positive note add this to some tour of the floating village or canoeing the caves and its a great day out, from Phuket or Krabi.

(June 1, 2008 - 3:14 am)

You raise some very valid points. Tourism in Thailand is booming, especially in the Phuket area. We had the same troubles as you. The island is a tourist trap, but we loved the journey there and we really enjoyed sea kayaking and the floating gypsy village.

Krzysztof

(June 9, 2008 - 9:54 am)

One day to get there isn’t encouraging. However this view makes impression. I know a few places in my country where you can see beautiful view but nothing apart from that.

I like this picture. It’s awesome.

(June 10, 2008 - 4:19 pm)

Hi K,

It’s not quite a day to get to this island. It’s only a few hours by boat, and you pass through some amazing mangroves before breaking out into the bay. The scenery is unbelievable. It’s one of the nicest journeys I’ve ever made.

alisa

(July 15, 2008 - 2:36 am)

Hi Everyone!

We took a boat there as well and agree that the journey there is nicer than the island. We didn’t stop on that island because of the tourist shacks and island tax you have to pay to go there. Didn’t look like there was much on there. It took about two hours from start to finish. Not a bad boat ride.

Mike

(October 6, 2008 - 10:08 am)

Really nice photosm, You should submit some of your travel photographs to Shutterstock I think you would do really well on there. Basically its a stock photolibrary selling images to designers, everytime your image is downloaded, you make money. As a designer myself I use their images all the time.

(October 6, 2008 - 12:57 pm)

Hi Mike,
    Actually, you’re the second person to mention stock photography this week. I’ve just started investigating it. Thanks very much for putting such faith in my photography. I’m just a beginner, and a good portion of the photos you see here were taken with my point and shoot, which means they might not be quite up to par for stock photos.