Photo Moment: Only in Japan….

Construction Work in a Suit

Any country is A-OK in my books when their construction workers look like this. Japanese construction workers must be the best-dressed in the world!

READ:  Photo Moment: Tokyo Monorail to Odaiba

I'm a chronically ill Canadian who has been living in Asia since 2003. I moved from China to Taiwan in 2006. I'm an experienced businesswoman and have worked in many leadership positions. My husband and I have owned our own business in Taiwan since 2012. In addition to my own work, I've been writing professionally about Asia, travel and health advocacy since 2007, providing regular content to several publishing companies and travel publications in Asia and North America. I started writing about my health journey in 2009 after being diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis. In 2014, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS, which came with other massive health issues. These diagnoses were the start of my journey as a health advocate and patient leader. Since then, My Several Worlds has been recognized worldwide as a top site for chronic illness by WEGO Health and Healthline. Twitter @globetrotteri Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/carriekellenberger/. I also have a dedicated page for My Several Worlds at https://www.instagram.com/myseveralworlds/. Each IG feed features different content.

6 thoughts on “Photo Moment: Only in Japan….

Naomi

(January 14, 2008 - 11:54 pm)

I love this pic!

fightingwindmills

(January 15, 2008 - 2:36 am)

Japan is the most bureaucratic country! This is a great photo. I love the suits and the poncho. Sometimes I think men in Japan have “jobs” but they are not really expected to actually get anything done. The important part is the appearance of being a diligent worker. I remember seeing some construction workers in Japan who could have easily been replaced by sign posts (they were holding “slow” signs) and I thought, “How nice to have a government who will employ you just for the sake of employing you.” And then I heard and saw some evidence that a second “Tomei Express” was being constructed. It seems like the government uses construction projects to stimulate the economy, which I don’t think is a very well-thought-out plan.

Lisa Bettany

(January 15, 2008 - 9:19 am)

*smiling*
    *giggling*

tee hee!

MJ Klein

(January 15, 2008 - 2:53 pm)

the Japanese are all class!

Frostfox

(January 16, 2008 - 2:18 pm)

It’s because the dirty hard workers are the foreigners they import. It also reminds me of a racist joke.

2 friends were walking down the street and saw some Mexicans working for a landscaping company. One friend turns to the other and asks, “How come I never see white people doing landscaping work?”, his friend replies, “Because they own it.”

globetrotteri

(January 17, 2008 - 4:55 pm)

I know. It’s sweet and funny. I love this photo too. I was particularly impressed with the automated robots waving flags at passing cars to warn them to slow down for construction work. We drove for ten days and passed construction sites everywhere. My over all impression is clean, efficient and as busy as worker ants. They’re always striving for perfection.

MJ’s comment is perfect. The Japanese really are classy.