The Hidden Faces of Cambodia

Mysteries abound in this strange land as do hidden faces.  The stillness of the air at Ta Prohm and the buzzing of the cicadas in the early pre-dawn light left me with a feeling of unease.  We were not alone.

Sandstone Faces

Miniature sandstone faces at Ta Prohm.

Tree and Carving

Giant tree roots disturb an ancient stone carving at Prasat Ta Som.

Carvings at Banteay Kdei

Carvings at Banteay Kdei.

Woman's Profile

A hidden face on Ton le Sap.

READ:  Journey through the Cambodian Countryside

7 thoughts on “The Hidden Faces of Cambodia

knitplaywithfire

(August 22, 2007 - 3:13 am)

Faces are always hidden. You just have to look for them.

julian

(August 22, 2007 - 4:55 am)

..wOw… you have such stunning images…they touch deep into ones soul… always a nirvana to jot about your world.
    best wishes on your next quest ~ julian

stevo

(August 22, 2007 - 5:36 am)

I like these “hidden” photos and the theme of this post. I have to see more of Asia.

sognatrice

(August 22, 2007 - 7:21 pm)

Gorgeous photos; reminds me a bit of being watched by all the gargoyles on my college campus–only none of those were amidst trees!

I found you through ExpatInterviews, btw, and I’ll be reading more of you 🙂

globetrotteri

(August 22, 2007 - 11:23 pm)

Julian, thanks for stopping by again. Your comments are too kind. BTW, your photos from Puerto Rico are terrific. I love the photo of the cloud.

globetrotteri

(August 22, 2007 - 11:24 pm)

Thanks Stevo. Your time for traveling will come. I envy you being in China. I really really miss it there sometimes. The ease of day trips and weekend wanderings still beckon.

globetrotteri

(August 22, 2007 - 11:27 pm)

Sognatrice, thank you. Expat Interviews has certainly interviewed some amazing people. Thanks so much for stopping by. I just checked out your blog. It’s first rate. It’s always good to meet another woman out there living large.