Taipei Sky Domes By Day

Dome Caps

The distinctive five towers and colored domes of the Taipei City Sky Dome (????????) have become a landmark in Banciao. Generally, the air is too smoggy to see much of interest by day, but the wind from an approaching storm blew the thick layer of pollution away to reveal a surprisingly clear skyline today. We were lucky enough to see Taipei 101 from our rooftop and, at one point, we could see all the way to Danshui!

Taipei Sky Dome by Day

Our friends came over last night to help us break in our new home. We were joined by our good friends from Reach To Teach, Jo and Range, and our friend, David, and his girlfriend, Catherine.

Joanna Rees took some fantastic photos from our roof and in our new apartment, while her husband, Range hovered precariously close to the edge of the building to get his photos of these busy roads at night. Check out Range’s photos over at The Memoirs.

Wenhua Road, Banciao

Clear to Taipei 101

Taipei 101 is a faint smudge on the skyline.

Bridge to Sinjhuang

The bridge to Sinjhuang.

READ:  Learn Chinese with Peggy Lee (7) - Numbers

I'm a chronically ill Canadian who has been living in Asia since 2003. I moved from China to Taiwan in 2006. I'm an experienced businesswoman and have worked in many leadership positions. My husband and I have owned our own business in Taiwan since 2012. In addition to my own work, I've been writing professionally about Asia, travel and health advocacy since 2007, providing regular content to several publishing companies and travel publications in Asia and North America. I started writing about my health journey in 2009 after being diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis. In 2014, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS, which came with other massive health issues. These diagnoses were the start of my journey as a health advocate and patient leader. Since then, My Several Worlds has been recognized worldwide as a top site for chronic illness by WEGO Health and Healthline. Twitter @globetrotteri Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/carriekellenberger/. I also have a dedicated page for My Several Worlds at https://www.instagram.com/myseveralworlds/. Each IG feed features different content.

12 thoughts on “Taipei Sky Domes By Day

range

(August 6, 2007 - 2:17 am)

I wonder if it’s ever really nice and clear to take good night or day pictures of the skyline.

I took some good ones in Beitou and the night sky was clear. But then, that’s further away from the downtown core.

cecilia

(August 6, 2007 - 7:20 am)

Hi! Carrie,
    It’s very lovely to read your blog, I love almost every comment you have about Taiwan. And you know what? I am seeing a John who has exactly the same name like yours, isn’t that amazing?

Farfallina -a roam to Rome

(August 6, 2007 - 9:04 am)

… that fence does not look that tall, and those pictures look awfuly close! Eeek! I’m scared of heights and my stomach jumps by looking at them! 🙂

They’re pretty though… the cities are just HUGE!

poagao

(August 6, 2007 - 10:24 am)

I ride past this building often on the riverside path. Looks fancy.

andres

(August 6, 2007 - 11:14 am)

i’m so jealous! i see your building everyday driving to and from work and always think to myself “i wish i lived there”.

jorees

(August 6, 2007 - 2:08 pm)

Amazing photos Carrie! The first two are my favorite. They look Gothic, timeless, and somewhat mysterious…..

Josambro

(August 6, 2007 - 9:43 pm)

Lovely photos, Carrie. I actually flew over Taipei today in a small twin-prop plane, the type that takes its time gaining altitude. Air quality was pretty good today (must be a typhoon closing in, eh?), and I was able to get an excellent view of the city, sans the usual smog. A rare day indeed. Anyway, keep up the blog.

andres

(August 6, 2007 - 11:20 pm)

hi carrie, we are looking to buy, so no way in hell we could afford a place in that building… would be nice tho’!

globetrotteri

(August 6, 2007 - 10:28 pm)

Range,

I’ll call you the next time we notice the skyline is particarly clear during the day. Although you weren’t in any danger, you still have more courage than I do! I bet you could take some amazing photos.

globetrotteri

(August 6, 2007 - 10:29 pm)

Thanks Joshua. What were you doing in a twin-prop plane? Taking notes for Lonely Planet?

globetrotteri

(August 6, 2007 - 10:31 pm)

Andres, there are still apartments available here. Our real estate agent is right across the street from the main entrance on Chang Jiang Street. Why don’t you stop by for a look?

globetrotteri

(August 6, 2007 - 10:31 pm)

Thanks for stopping by Cecilia. I think this is your first time visiting My Several Worlds. I hope you’ll be back!