Updated January 2020 – how to do a health check at Renai Hospital in Taipei.
If you’re reading this, you’re likely looking for information about a health check to work in Taiwan.
Once you’re done here, I suggest visiting Tealit for more information about the hospitals that do health checks in Taiwan.
This is the latest information about getting a health check at Renai Hospital in Taipei, Taiwan. A health check is required in order for your employer to apply for a work permit for you. The type of health check you get is determined by which field you will be working in.
Working abroad in Taiwan means that a health check will be part of your yearly routine until you get your permanent residence card, which is known as an APRC. Anyone who is planning to teach English in Taiwan must do a health check to teach legally.
If you live in Taipei, you will likely make a trip to Renai Hospital for your health check. Renai is not the only hospital in Taipei that does health checks, but it is the most efficient.
Remember to bring your passport with you. Make sure you bring at least three passport photos, although if you don’t have any, you will find a photo booth in the hospital lobby for this purpose. Below, you’ll find a full list of things you should bring with you for your health check as well as further information in regards to when hospitals are open and how quickly your results are processed.
Health Check at Renai Hospital
It’s best to arrive first thing in the morning to avoid crowds. Once you’ve completed your health check, you will need to go back to the hospital in about eight to ten days to pick up your final results.
Walking Directions to Renai Hospital
Scroll to the bottom of this post for a quick list of hospitals in Taipei that offer health checks. Remember that prices and results vary by hospital.
Ren Ai Hospital / Rén’ài yī yuàn
Zhongxiao/Fuxing MRT Station
10 Ren Ai Rd. Section 4 /Rén’ài Lù Sì Duàn Shí Hào
Phone: 02-2709-3600 Ext. 5205
Monday-Friday: 9:00AM-11:00AM / 1:30PM-4:00PM
(Off duty on Saturday afternoon, Sundays and holidays)
NT$1,420 as of August 2019
What To Bring to Do Your Health Check at Renai Hospital
Bring your passport and 2 photos
- The exam room is located to your left when you walk in the main entrance of the hospital. Go there to pick up your medical exam forms.
- You’ll get two identical forms. Fill them out and attach your photos. Go to Counter 11 in the main lobby to register and get a number.
- Go back to the medical exam room and wait for your number to be called.
- You’ll have a brief meeting with a doctor. After a brief chat, you’ll be given a consent form to test for HIV. Go back to the main exam room and wait for the nurse to check your height, weight, and blood pressure. Then, they’ll give you an eye exam, take your temperature, and give you some more forms for blood work.
- Take the forms back to counter 11 in the main lobby and pay the hospital fee.
- Go to the 2nd floor for your blood test.
- Go to x-ray department in the new wing on the 2nd floor for your chest x-ray.
- Take your paperwork back down to the 1st floor and hand it in. You’ll need to go back in a week to pick up your results. Don’t forget your receipt and passport.
Other hospitals that do health checks in Taipei
Yang Ming Hospital
105 Yu Sheng St.
Shilin District, Taipei City
Phone: 02-2835-3456 Ext. 6136 or 6229
Monday-Friday: 8:30AM-11:00AM / 1:30PM-4:00PM
$1032 Results in 7-9 workdays
Far Eastern Memorial Hospital
21 Nanya S. Rd. Section 2
Banchiao City, Taipei County
Phone: 02-8966-7000 Ext. 4635
Monday-Friday: 8:00AM-11:00AM / 2:00PM-4:00PM
$1200 Results in 10 workdays