Photo Essay: LGBT Pride Parade Taipei 2009

IMG_6561

The seventh annual LGBT Pride Parade Taipei was held on October 31st this year. Over 25,000 people showed up to march in the parade, asking for recognition of equal rights and same-sex marriage. The parade also included supporters from Hong Kong, Japan, and South East Asian countries.

Taipei’s Gay Pride parade is the largest in Asia. Last year’s march drew over 18,000 supporters.

IMG_6544

Show your pride

Gay Pride Parade, Taipei, Taiwan

Marching to show our support of gay rights.

Snake Eyes

IMG_6542

IMG_6602

DJ Marcus Aurelius also showed his support.

Poser

Pride Parade

PRIDE

IMG_6514

7 thoughts on “Photo Essay: LGBT Pride Parade Taipei 2009

Craig Ferguson (@cfimages)

(November 10, 2009 - 1:18 pm)

Great photos Carrie. I’ve seen a few different bloggers and photographers post stuff from the day but yours are by far the best. Well done – keep it up.
    .-= Craig Ferguson (@cfimages)´s last blog ..Aerial F1 – Singapore at Night by Wong Kin Leong =-.

(November 24, 2009 - 11:09 am)

That is quite a compliment coming from you Craig. Wow! Thank you!

michelle gosse

(November 19, 2009 - 3:40 pm)

I agee Carrie, great photos

nomadwannabe

(November 20, 2009 - 3:51 pm)

Wow those are some hot bodied gay guys 🙂 Its cool that you got involved, i would imagine that the atmosphere was electric!

(December 1, 2009 - 8:35 am)

Nomadwannabe,

It was electric, mainly because most people assumed that my friend and I were a couple. We were approached several times for an interview. No one seemed to accept our explanation that we didn’t have to be gay to march for gay rights.

David

(April 7, 2011 - 3:22 am)

Can you please let me know how to find out the date of this year’s Parade so that I can make my holiday plans.

David Shearer

(April 7, 2011 - 3:26 am)

Hi David. The parade is generally held at the end of October. I don’t have a specific date for you at this time.