Formosa at BOTY 2009: Breakin’ all the Rules

This is Taiwan’s Formosa Crew at the 2009 BOTY (Battle of the Year) dance competition in Singapore. They performed the same show-stopping routine at a dance performance I attended several weeks ago.

The concept behind this competition is to promote hip-hop as an art form. Formosa won first place at the BOTY Taiwan competition on July 5th. They went on to represent Taiwan in the BOTY Asia competition where they won placed third.

BOTY Asia was won by All Area Crew from Japan. Place 2 was Gamblerz (Korea) and Place 3 Formosa (Taiwan). All three crews will go on to join the BOTY Finals in Germany.

Formosa Dance Crew Formosa Dance Crew

Stationary - Formosa Dance Crew

7 thoughts on “Formosa at BOTY 2009: Breakin’ all the Rules

Fili An

(August 3, 2009 - 10:09 pm)

Brilliant.I love this stuff ^_^

(August 20, 2009 - 1:56 pm)

Me, too. I’m on the lookout for the next performance. There’s supposed to be some sort of urban tap dancing fesitival at HuaShan Culture Park at the end of August. I might have to check it out. 🙂

[…] Carrie with Taiwan’s Formosa Crew at the 2009 Battle of the Year dance competition in Singapore. […]

Tom

(August 8, 2009 - 2:18 am)

I enjoy the energy and the joy the dancers bring but think the dance competition missed the boat by not going by the name BOOTY.

(August 20, 2009 - 1:58 pm)

Tom,
      😀 LOL

krzysztof

(August 11, 2009 - 11:48 pm)

They are incredible. I rather rarely have an occasion to see dance like this. That’s impressive. I’m curious, how long does it take to make a choreography.

(August 22, 2009 - 8:51 am)

I know. I love watching this kind of stuff. I have no idea how long it would take to put together a routine, but it obviously takes a lot of hard work and dedication.