Photo Moment: Cenote Swimming in Laos

Whoa. Cold.
Note to oneself: Cave-exploring in Laos has its benefits. We stumbled upon this crystal-clear fresh-water pool while wandering around the outskirts of Luang Prabang.

7 thoughts on “Photo Moment: Cenote Swimming in Laos

Gerry/Cindy Noble

(January 30, 2009 - 4:27 pm)

Hi Carrie, Gee that camera takes great photos. The operator isn’t so bad either. Great shot. What lens did you use? On the website I frequent, I have met a photographer from Australia and he is helping with my cropping etc. Have discovered my Photoshop won’t handle raw file so still shooting jpegs. Meredith is trying to get us a newer version of Photoshop
    From the new winter capital of Ontario (25cm in the last 2 days)
    Gerry and Cindy

(February 1, 2009 - 4:38 am)

Hi Gerry and Cindy,

This photo was taken with my Canon IXUS point and shoot. I’m still amazed at some of the photos I’ve managed to nab with that camera. Didn’t you get software with your Canon Digital Rebel? I think it’s called Digital Photo Professional. You should be able to handle your RAW files with that until you get your new version of Photoshop. Stay warm, you two! xoxo

Stevo

(January 31, 2009 - 6:39 am)

Unexpected finds are the best, aren’t they? It looks like a great place to swim. Was the water warm?

Stevo’s last blog post..Bitten by a British Cobra

(February 1, 2009 - 4:39 am)

Hey Stevo,

It was absolutely freezing because of the underground river, but man, what a nice treat on a hot, sweaty afternoon of cave exploring.

kim

(February 2, 2009 - 10:27 am)

Looks like a bit of paradise (but on the cold side). The light is very nice in this picture.

Gennaro

(February 7, 2009 - 5:43 pm)

Laos is one of my favorite spots. Lots of ways to commune with nature along with a very friendly populous.

Gennaro’s last blog post..Rock Climbing Over Rice Paddies

txabi

(December 22, 2009 - 3:48 am)

Hi there….the place looks awesome! i am a Laos lover and just want to know….you think it was there an entrance for cave diving?
    I am writting for mexico,so i am into submerge cave exploring.if you can provide more info about the place itself,i´ll be there in april again.
    Cheers