We’re Off!

Well, we’re off.  I’m heading home for Christmas for the first time in six years. I have a wedding coming up in less than a month and I can’t wait to get home!  Wedding planning and work has kept me extra busy this last month and I’m feeling more than a little burnt out from the stress of it all. I’ve been sleepwalking through these last few weeks. I’m looking forward to relaxing with my family and friends in a few short days. However, I’m NOT looking forward to leaving John. We are parting ways in San Francisco. He is heading back to Iowa to spend time with his family while I travel on to Ottawa, Canada.

I promise you won’t be bored. I’ve written up a few posts in advance and I’ll continue to blog when I can while I’m home. In the meantime, my students from my creative writing course will be taking over My Several Worlds. You’ll be able to enjoy an assortment of different writing styles from students of all ages. I’m really grateful to them for doing this for me. Be sure to check out their profile pages, which are located at the top of this page underneath Student Writers.  Thanks to all of you who have contributed. I’m going to miss you all very much over the next seven weeks!

7 thoughts on “We’re Off!

Ashish

(November 11, 2008 - 1:32 pm)

Carrie, wish you have a great time back home and in Mexico. Merry Christmas in advance. Take care and don’t worry to much as everything will be smooth n fine. N’joy.

michelle G

(November 11, 2008 - 4:22 pm)

have a good trip home Carrie!

The Wedding Times » We’re Off!

(November 11, 2008 - 5:00 pm)

[…] Well, we’re off.  I’m heading home for Christmas for the first time in six years. I have a wedding coming up in less than a month and I can’t wait to get home!  Wedding planning and work has kept me extra busy this last month and I’m feeling more than a little burnt out from the stress of it all. I’ve been sleepwalking through these last few weeks. I’m looking forward to relaxing with my family and friends in a few short days. However, I’m NOT looking forward to leaving John. We are parting way Source: http://www.myseveralworlds.com/2008/11/11/were-off/ […]

kim

(November 12, 2008 - 12:07 pm)

I’m so happy for you, you’ll have a wonderful time I’m sure 🙂
    Have a merry Christmas, an amazing wedding and a great marriage!

Krzysztof

(November 12, 2008 - 10:45 pm)

Dear Carrie, have a good journey. I’m sure you’ll spend wonderful time with your family and friends and your wedding will be an unforgettable experience.
    All my best.

(November 13, 2008 - 12:51 pm)

Thanks to all of you! My time here at home is limited on the computer as my Dad is still in DIAL-UP!! I would love to respond to each comment personally but it might take me a whole day to do so. Hope you are all keeping well. It’s good to be home!

Patrick Cowsill

(November 13, 2008 - 1:42 pm)

Dear Carrie,

Congrats on your wedding. Both you and your fiance are nice people; I know you’ll find what you’re looking for together.

I’m a bit curious about this: “I promise you won’t be bored. I’ve written up a few posts in advance and I’ll continue to blog when I can while I’m home.” What does that mean? Have you written the next month in advance? You’re asking for trouble here. I’ll quote John Lennon: “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.”

BTW, don’t get the Elmo “Opposites World – Up Down, Open Closed, Fast Slow” for me. I’ve already got that one.

Hey, cheers, Carrie. All the best,

Sincerely,
    Patrick

PS Your bridge shot is very nice.