Photo Moment: Something Wicked and Dark

In the dark, the station dozes...

Creative juices are flowing this month.  I’m snapping photos like crazy and have spent the last two weekends wandering through textile markets and bead stores.  I’m revisiting my old design days in anticipation of having some truly knock-out jewelery for the wedding. I’m tackling my own veil as well, which should prove to have some interesting results, since I’ve never made one before.

I guess I’ve got my finger in every pot.  I’m dibbling and dabbling with anything and everything.

My most recent fun has been with Picnik, which accounts for the polaroid frame. This photo was taken from the back of the train as it pulled out of Banciao Train Station.

15 thoughts on “Photo Moment: Something Wicked and Dark

cfimages

(October 6, 2008 - 1:36 pm)

Interesting look. I think it’d work just as well without the frame, but frames are fun. I’ve got a lot of saved Photoshop actions for making frames – if you want, I can save them to a CD and give them to you at MJ’s party.

(October 6, 2008 - 2:08 pm)

Thanks Craig. That would be great. I’m sure we’ll have a grand old chat on the 25th. I haven’t seen you in ages, and I’ve been storing up questions to ask you. It’s been too long!

Todd

(October 6, 2008 - 2:49 pm)

That looks awesome Carrie! Train stations are great to shoot.

(October 6, 2008 - 11:29 pm)

Thanks Todd. Lately I’ve been spending a lot of time there because the basement always has something interesting going on. I love watching the kids and the senior citizens battle it out for space for their breakdancing and ballroom dancing.

Ashish

(October 7, 2008 - 2:09 am)

Awesome perspective Carrie. I took similar photo some weeks back in daylight but yours is way much better than mine. See there is something more to learn about perspective from you.

Dale

(October 7, 2008 - 6:24 am)

I love that shot. Framed like it is, I can’t look at it without tilting my head to the right, which really doesn’t help with leveling the picture. In other words, I feel all kinds of linear discomfort and uncertainty looking at it; makes for a moving picture!

Jenny

(October 8, 2008 - 1:22 am)

Cool photo. Nice way of playing with angles.

michelle G

(October 8, 2008 - 2:23 pm)

I love to take pictures of stations

kim

(October 9, 2008 - 8:01 am)

Nice contrast with the blackness vs fluorescent lighting. I shot metro stations in Paris once but they turned out a gritty mess.
    P.S. I’ve added your blog on bloglovin’, I prefer this reader to google reader (basically because it’s much cuter & colorful).

(October 9, 2008 - 8:27 am)

Thanks Ashish,
    Now how did I miss that on your photostream? I have one just like yours too, but I haven’t posted it yet. I guess great minds really do think alike!

(October 9, 2008 - 8:28 am)

Hi Jenny,
    Thanks for stopping by! I think you’re new to My Several Worlds. Your comments are greatly appreciated!
    I see you’re a travel bug too…YAY! Another globetrotter on the block!

(October 9, 2008 - 8:29 am)

Hi Michelle,
    I’d like to see those some time. Are you on Flickr?

(October 9, 2008 - 8:30 am)

Thanks Kim! 🙂
    I’m on my way to check out bloglovin’. I’ve never heard of it. I’m still using good old Google reader for my daily dose of goodies.

(October 9, 2008 - 9:24 am)

Hi Dale,
    I haven’t heard from you in awhile. I’m glad I caught this comment, because for some reason, it went into my spam counter. Thanks for stopping by. Craig mentioned that he thought the photo could stand on it’s own without the frame. It can, but I wanted something really different to make it stand out and I think this frame does the job. You’ve confirmed that for me. Thanks!

June

(October 9, 2008 - 11:19 pm)

Great image. Good job at being creative.