Photo Moment: Chinese Street Snacks in Xian

A street vendor from the Muslim Quarter in Xian, China.

13 thoughts on “Photo Moment: Chinese Street Snacks in Xian

Stevo

(May 6, 2008 - 7:45 pm)

Great capture, Carrie. I love Chinese Muslim food and eat at the restaurant near my place several times a week.

Mark Forman

(May 6, 2008 - 10:37 pm)

Word-me love me Chinese Muslim food! Some great noodle dumpling place here in Taichung with Uighur boss.All beef and lamb goodness.

(May 7, 2008 - 3:00 am)

Steve,

Me too. We had a great Chinese Muslim stand near our place in Changchun, but I haven’t been able to find a good one here in Banciao. My stomach grumbles when I look at this photo.

(May 7, 2008 - 3:01 am)

Mark,

Those are the magic words to bring me running! We haven’t forgotten you.

(May 7, 2008 - 3:02 am)

I probably should have mentioned this in my post. This photo was taken back in 2006. We started our three month journey in Northern China and made our way south to Xian and finally on to Guangzhou before heading into Macau. I was scrolling through old photos last night and came across this one. It’s always been one of my favorites.

kim

(May 7, 2008 - 7:39 am)

Great picture, was it taken with your old point-and-shoot camera? It got me hungry and it’s 2,5 more hours until my lunch break…

(May 7, 2008 - 2:49 pm)

Hi Kim,

Glad to keep you entertained at work. That makes me happy! Actually, this photo was taken with my first digital camera. It was a Fuji compact. My staff bought it for me just before I left for Asia. It was a piece of crap, which just proves you don’t need a great camera to get great pictures! 😉

Krzysztof

(May 8, 2008 - 6:23 pm)

It looks very tasty. In Poland I see from time to time restaurants which offer a Chinese food. I’ve eatten it and I must confess it tastes very good but I bet not as good as in China. Beside I think that not every dishes are available.
    I don’t even try to guess which camera did you use. 🙂 I thought that was canon. You said that was fuji. :))) One way or another it’s a great picture.

(May 11, 2008 - 12:54 pm)

Hi K!

I took this photo with my very first digital camera. I’ve been shutter-bugging since I was a young girl, but to be honest, I didn’t really start getting into the art of photography until last year. I didn’t like the Fuji much. It was a farewell gift from my staff, but it wasn’t a camera I would have picked for myself. However, it seems to have done the trick, so I shouldn’t complain!

Ying

(July 2, 2009 - 3:16 am)

the food in your picture is called “liang fen” and “shui jian bao” in Chinese. they taste very good. hope you would come back to xi’an again

(July 10, 2009 - 3:20 pm)

Hi Ying,
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Cengiz

(December 2, 2009 - 9:05 am)

Chinese street food is some of the best there is, especially all the muslim food in the west. Great image of the action.
    .-= Cengiz´s last blog ..“It’s Time” – Muay Thai =-.

(December 9, 2009 - 11:12 am)

Cengiz,
      Thanks very much for your comments. I appreciate it!