Come To My Window

Fire in the Sky

This one is my personal favorite from last night.

John and I are rarely home on weekends for very long.  This one was an exception.  I was hoping to go to Hukou to see my friend, The New Hampshire Bushman, but I’m still feeling weak from my ordeal.  I thought it was going to be a super boring weekend indoors, and I’ve been feeling quite poorly because I have a brand-new camera and haven’t been able to put it to much use.

As luck would have it, yesterday we were treated to some sort of festival that began at 10am right outside our building and lasted late into the night.  I wasn’t feeling up to going down and mingling with the crowds below, but we had a birds-eye view from our apartment on the 24th floor.  We watched a full-day procession parade by all day and as soon as it grew dark, we were treated to a fantastic display of fireworks right outside our window.

Parade

I used the lens (18-55m) that came with the kit and I’m impressed that it turned out as well as it did from the 24th floor.

Banciao Fireworks

Fireburst over Banciao

This is the Daan bridge going to Xinzhuang City.

White Lights

Bursting

14 thoughts on “Come To My Window

Pat

(March 10, 2008 - 12:03 am)

These were beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

fightingwindmills

(March 10, 2008 - 4:40 am)

The first photo is gorgeous! How nice that you got to see the show even though you are still feeling sick and want to stay inside. You really did have a perfect view.

cfimages

(March 10, 2008 - 8:49 am)

Great shots. Fireworks are not easy to capture, so you’ve done a great job with these.

jorees

(March 10, 2008 - 1:53 pm)

Excellent photography Carrie! cfimages is right. Fireworks are really hard to capture so well done.

carl

(March 10, 2008 - 3:25 pm)

nice…have you ever considered doing live video streaming…?

globetrotteri

(March 10, 2008 - 10:57 pm)

Hi Pat,

I believe you’re coming from Twitter? It’s always nice to see Twitter folks around here. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

globetrotteri

(March 10, 2008 - 10:58 pm)

Craig and Joanna,

Thank you very much for your input! It means a lot to me when you comment on my blossoming attempts at photography. 🙂

Christina

(March 11, 2008 - 1:21 pm)

I watched a part of show too.You have amazing pictures!

roentarre

(March 11, 2008 - 4:42 pm)

Your firework shots are ones of the best I have ever seen!

Philip

(March 11, 2008 - 9:14 am)

What a lovely first post to read from your site. In all senses.

globetrotteri

(March 11, 2008 - 11:52 am)

Philip,

Another Twitter friend! Thanks for stopping by! I just checked out your http://www.bluesloth.net. Thought I’d repost your web address for my readers as you left a spelling mistake and I had to go searching. Good stuff!

Brunty

(March 12, 2008 - 12:09 am)

Hi Carrie. As usual great pictures. I cannot take such great pictures of fireworks with my toy camera as they always come out distorted. I have to invest in something decent. I have my eyes on a nice camera that will help me take better quality pictures.

You mentioned MJ the New Hampshire Bushman but I have been unable to log into his blog for about a week here in Thailand. Is it the same their in Taiwan.

I tried using proxy servers but nothing works. His site has seemed to have disappeared.

Brunty

globetrotteri

(March 12, 2008 - 11:09 pm)

Thanks Brunty.

The Bushman is up and running. I haven’t had any problems accessing his blog. That’s weird.

MJ Klein

(March 17, 2008 - 6:45 pm)

Carrie, fantastic photos! shhhhh! don’t tell anyone you just got that camera and haven’t used it very much!

Brunty (excuse me for a moment please Carrie) make sure you’re using the direct domain link as shown here and not a link from the old blogspot.com domain.

thanks and take care everyone!