A Shooting and Murder at Taipei Sky Domes

I can’t think straight. Oh how I wish, I wish, I wish I could read the newspaper!

Yesterday I came out of my building to a mob of reporters at the front entrance. I wandered around the the side of the building and came across another group of them. I thought there might be someone famous in the building but it turns out that there was a drug-related shooting in our building yesterday!!!!!

I left to go and meet John and when we returned, a detective stopped him at the front door and wanted to know if he had heard anything. I had gone through the side entrance and missed the opportunity to ask questions. John tried to get some information but the detective was really vague with his answers. People are all shushed up about it. No one will answer our questions.

When I got on the bus this morning, I asked our driver and he had a copy of a local newspaper. Apparently, three people were involved. One person was shot ten times and it was drug-related. I haven’t found any other information. Has anyone heard anything about this?

9 thoughts on “A Shooting and Murder at Taipei Sky Domes

knitplaywithfire

(January 22, 2008 - 4:38 am)

I am so sorry to hear this! Drugs are every where and it is worse when it happens right near you. I hope they solve it quickly for your case.

cfimages

(January 22, 2008 - 10:26 am)

Wow, that’s full on. I hope you guys aren’t too shaken up.

OT – I was told the pods I went to recently are being torn down as a dead body was discovered there recently.

Lisa Bettany

(January 22, 2008 - 1:55 pm)

are you ok? sorry to hear something so tragic happened so close ot your home. in the summer there was a gang related shooting across the road from my apartment at a fancy restaurant. i live in a very safe neighbourhood so it came as quite a shock.

i hope you’re ok and let us know if you find out anymore details.

range

(January 22, 2008 - 10:07 pm)

Sounds scary.

andres

(January 22, 2008 - 10:29 pm)

i’m sorry to hear what happened and at the same suprised. the sky domes are in a nice area and are not “cheap” houses to live in by any means. but then drug leaders are not poor by any means either.

globetrotteri

(January 22, 2008 - 2:58 pm)

Thanks Lisa,

We’re OK, but when something like this happens so close to home it certainly makes you look at your neighbors a little differently.

Our building actually consists of five high-rise complexes attached at the bottom with a common lobby and at the top by sky bridges. The shooting occured in the building adjacent to ours.

We just moved into this building six months ago, so my question when I arrived at work yesterday was, “Is this place safe to be living in?” The building is new and as foreigners we don’t have an intimate knowledge of some neighborhoods the way that locals do. Add this to the fact that Taipei is generally a very safe city to live in and it equals a bit of a shock. I hope they get to the bottom of it soon!

jorees

(January 23, 2008 - 10:05 am)

Wow Carrie! This is scary! At least everyone is o.k. and hopefully the criminals will be evicted from the building.

Joseph

(January 31, 2008 - 5:30 pm)

I read the report. It was an accident that shouldn’t have happened in the first place. One cop shot 5 or 6 bullets into a drug dealer in a 10-ping room. People are questioning why so many shots were necessary to bring the drug criminals down. Something fishy’s going on here. But don’t worry. I trust your neighborhood is quite safe.

globetrotteri

(February 1, 2008 - 10:20 am)

Hi Joseph,

This is the first news I’ve heard of the incident since it happened. Thanks for letting me know. Luckily, it wasn’t in our tower, although we’re taking extra care to lock up when we’re home.