Ten Things I Love About John
- John takes really good care of me. I love him because he makes me feel safe.
- John’s great with kids, even though he won’t admit it.
- John still brings me flowers and takes me on dates, even though we’ve been together for three years.
- John has guts. He’s fearless. He doesn’t care what people think of him.
- I love John’s quirky side. For ages, I thought he was a quiet, unassuming kind of guy, but he’s actually the devil-in-disguise. He loves playing practical jokes on people.
- I love John because we share the same dreams and he makes my dreams come true.
- John does things for me even though I know its not something he’s interested in. For example: if he makes me go to a football game, he’ll actually come to a flower show with me in return.
- He remembers birthdays, holidays and anniversaries, although he has a hard time keeping a secret or waiting for gifts.
- John’s a hard worker. He isn’t lazy. He knows what needs to be done and he does it. He doesn’t shrug off duties or responsibilities. I really love this about him because it means we can share the load equally. I hate having to cover for people and I never have to do that for him. He’s reliable, honest and responsible.
- Dare I say it? He’s romantic. I love it when he surprises me with a weekend stay in a nice place. He’s also very good at finding and renting beautiful private villas for us to get lost in for a week or two.
Ten Things John Loves….Besides Me
- John is a cigar aficionado. He loves smoking a good cigar.
- John loves staying at five-star hotels. The Hyatt is his hotel of choice. We can’t pass a hotel without going in to check out the lobby in every city we’ve been to.
- John is a watch fiend. To date, he has over a dozen watches. His day-to-day watch is the deluxe edition Diesel I gave him for our anniversary last year. His favorite watch is his black Bvlgari.
- John loves supermarkets and food. He drags me into a supermarket in every country we go to. This weekend, we bought all sorts of gourmet food from three different supermarkets just because it’s his birthday.
- John is in the money business. He graduated with honors in finances, accounting and International business. It’s only natural that he loves his money collection from around the world. We are always sure to stop at a bank in any country we’re visiting to collect paper money and coins for his collection.
- John loves Stella Artois.
- Take one look at my 6’9 guy and you’ll know right away that he’s a sports nut. He loves participating and observing. His sport of choice is basketball.
- John loves maps. He collects them from around the world and has an uncanny ability to memorise them after a glance or two.
- How can I forget motorcycles? John loves motorcycles so much that he actually has me hooked on “American Chopper”.
- John is a collector. He has a huge collection of baseball cards, which he insists will be our retirement fund later on. He also collects basketball and football cards. He has a huge collection of signed sports memorabilia. He collects antique glassware, watches, first edition books and curios from around the world. I found out just how huge his collection is while I was home with him in the States. He rarely throws anything out and can recognize the value in anything.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABE!