I’m Carrie, and I left Canada in 2003 to see the world. Somewhere along the way, I ended up falling in love with Asia, and the rest is what you see here on MSW. My husband and I have kept a home base on Planet Taiwan since 2006, but we travel frequently and we’ve been all over the world. Come and travel Asia with me!
Life as a Canadian expat overseas is full of surprises, and many of those surprises are stories that are featured here. We’ve traveled all over Taiwan by motorcycle, we’ve been cenote swimming in Vietnam, I’ve moonlighted as a nightclub singer in China, and I’ve walked in Buddha’s footsteps in Laos.
My stories aren’t just about Asia, though. I write about all the places I’ve visited and I have a real passion for photography. My travels began when I made the decision to teach abroad, and I’ve published a fairly extensive section on how I got started on that journey.
If you’re interested in traveling, learning more about Asia, you’re wondering what it’s like to live abroad as an expat, or you’re looking for information on teaching English abroad, then you’ll probably like my articles and how-to guides here on MSW.
- Taiwanese Shanshu - Where the Mountain Ferns and Vegetables Grow
- My GoodReads Book Challenge 2014 - My Top 10 Books
- Healthcare in Taiwan: Medication Usage and Patient Safety
- Travel Tag with My Several Worlds
- Whalen's - Home Style Canadian Cooking in Taipei
- 10 Things Taiwan Does Wrong
- Pride Parade Taipei - The Biggest LGBT Pride Parade in Asia
- 10 Things Taiwan Does Right
- 30 Authentic Taiwanese Experiences
- Ghost Month in Taiwan - The Hungry Ghosts of Isla Formosa